why m8p shows huge relative accuracy error in moving baseline mode?

0 votes

While testing moving base line mode, I observed poor relative accuracy even after "FIXED".

Two modules on top of car with approximately 1m separation.

Please find attachments https://forum.u-blox.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=3729079722220311229

by ss asked Oct 11
by ss edited Oct 11
Surely you know exactly what the separation is  to better than a few mm, or could measure it. The baseline reports as 1.302m
Certainly one of the things I'd sanity check in a fixed-baseline application.
Yes distance is approximately 1.3m.
 stable FIXED(not toggle between float and fix) but relative accuracy was order of meters, under what conditions does this happen?

Does going into FIXED mode not take care of the accuracy?
>>Does going into FIXED mode not take care of the accuracy?
One would hope.

If this is a commercial project I'd probably recommend you collect data from both end (ie raw measurements and RTCM3 packets) and provide those to the FAE assigned to the project, and perhaps work through the details of that, and the configuration you have set up, and if appropriate elevate the issue up to the RTK development team for review/validation.
0 votes
Poor configuration or issues with correction data?
by grumpy answered Oct 11
What does poor config mean? I enable message as specified in manual.
If the correction data is not good, then how did it go into FIXED, and it was fixed for very long duration.

Its very stable FIXED but relative error is huge,under what conditions does this happen?
>>Its very stable FIXED but relative error is huge,under what conditions does this happen?
Hard to say, the technical staff capable of reviewing/understanding the situation are not on the forum.
website banner